Our popular flower arranging series with Le Fleuriste is back! This November, learn how to make a fall centerpiece with local branches, fruits and berries, right in time for holiday dinner parties. All materials will be provided and you get to take your arrangement home that night! This 1.5 hour workshop will take place at 580 Broadway, 5th Floor #510. There are limited spots available so register today! This workshop is taught in English.
This workshop will cover:
- How to choose healthy fall materials and prepare them so they last the longest time possible
- An intro to the differences between the New York and Parisian floral scenes
- French floral vocabularly
- Hands-on instruction for French floral arranging
Students will be provided with:
- A pair of Japanese ikebana scissors (lent)
- Floral wire
- A curated selection of prepared, local and seasonal branches
- A curated selection of prepared, local and seasonal fruits and greens
- A selection of silk and velvet ribbons for finishing
- A bag and silk paper to take the arrangement home
About Le Fleuriste:
Le Fleuriste NYC was born from Le Fleuriste International, an ongoing floral interview series based in Paris and now New York. We offer bespoke, private floristry services, floral styling and writing. We are dedicated to bringing the freshest local flowers into the city, and passionate about educating people about the floral world. We work in close collaboration with flower growers from Upstate New York, Long Island and New Jersey that promote noble growing practices guaranteeing the freshest, happiest and least traveled blooms possible. We use unusual materials, heirloom varieties, incorporate unexpected edible elements and dramatic chromatic palettes. We work with galleries, interior designers, private homes and event designers and write in both industry and mainstream publications about contemporary and historical floral anecdotes and facts.